Historical Hetalia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for historically themed Hetalia roleplay. Because we're in it for the history.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question/Concerns Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tino/Finland
No mut ku voi perkele.
No mut ku voi perkele.
Tino/Finland

Question/Concerns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:29 am

Hi and welcome to our forum. If there is anything that is unclear or you are wondering about, feel free to voice your question here! : )
Back to top Go down
http://hetaera.friendhood.net
An Anon

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

[From the Want-to-be-England Anon from yesterday xD]

Two little things; Firstly - for the second part of the application, do we have to mention definitively what a character was doing/their viewpoint in a certain event? Because, naturally; for example, for England, there was a lot of two-sided civil conflict such as Catholicism versus Protestantism... would I have to say along the lines of 'yes, he was on this side because...' and choose which way he'd be?

...This enquiry probably is really vague, XD.

Secondly, does this forum allow OCs? I didn't spot anything for or against them. My girlfriend was just thinking of joining if you do, so I thought I'd ask :'D.
Back to top Go down
Tino/Finland
No mut ku voi perkele.
No mut ku voi perkele.
Tino/Finland

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

No I don't think so. I understand what you mean (finland happens to have had a quite bloody civil war), I think just decribing the fact that the nation most likely was far from sure what side to be on? Or whatever head canon you happen to have about it. Smile You don't have to be that specific.

For the other question, right now I don't know. We used to have a no OCs rule, originally so we'd fill out the canon characters first, but it's a fact many nations need OCs. I'll discuss it with Austria when I get home and get back to you then. Smile What nation would she be interested in being?
Back to top Go down
An Anon

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Ah, she's got quite a few OCs... It's sort of hard to predict which she'd go for. Though the most likely would be Colombia, and Venezuela. (Which might be useful because of the current Venezuelan and Russian ties? ...We'll see).
Back to top Go down
Tino/Finland
No mut ku voi perkele.
No mut ku voi perkele.
Tino/Finland

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Okaaay, here we go! We've deciced to accept OC's! The application form will be a little longer, as we will need and want more information, but here it is so you can give it to your girlfriend: Smile (Freshly out of the oven,haha)

OC Application:

Character you're applying for: Country name
Detailed history of the country:
This can be any lenght, but will show us your knowledge about your chosen country's history, which is very important for this forum. Please write this part in essay-like paragrapgh style, not year - this happened.
(Bad Example "1809 - Finland became a part of Russia", Good example: "In 1809, even before the war between Sweden and Russia was over, the Finnish people decided to swear the Russian tsar an oath and become the Grand Duchy of Finland under the Russian tsar.")
This will show us you know how certain events are linked and have the ability to look at bigger pictures, not just single fact. It will also give us more examples of your writing skills.
Please also always include the reasons for why a certain event is important and/or relevant. What did it lead to, how did it change your character? We don't know every country's history and checking the importance of every fact that may seem irrelevant would take lots of time.
Personality:
Please describe the character's personality and characteristics as detailed as possible.
Character's appearance:
Either show us a drawing or describe your character's appearance with words.
Reasons:
Please explain the reasons why you want to roleplay this specific nation and why you think it will be useful to us. Think of this as an advertisement for your character.
Sample post:
This doesn't have to be long, but we would like an example of how you would portray your character in action. It can be about anything, but a history-related one can become a plus point if we happen to have more than one applicant. Also, be careful not to god-mod in this post, that happens easily.
Do you roleplay anywhere else / Do you have a place where we can see your logs or roleplay history?:
Any prior experience and examples that can give us a good picture of how you work. If you don't have any, don't worry, we love to welcome inexperienced RP-ers too and give them a great first experience!
Back to top Go down
An Anon

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Thank you very much! To the lot of you (I'm not sure how strong the administration team is here xD. I'm really regretting that I don't have MSN... damn you skype, for being awesome D: ).

Now I have to subtly encourage her to get a move on and come join me <3.
Also, I just send off my application... though... I just realised that I did a really bad, critical horrible mistake ohgod...
(One line. My eyes refuse to read one line...!!).

(I've accidentally done that '1809 - Finland' mistake... while the whole of the rest of it is in detail, the first sentence isn't right. I really hope I don't get penalised too badly for that. I could rewrite just those little bits? ...just... OTL.)
Back to top Go down
Tino/Finland
No mut ku voi perkele.
No mut ku voi perkele.
Tino/Finland

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm

No problem at all, we're just so excited to get new members! : D And I think quite a few of us have skype, but we mostly hang around our groupchat on MSN (So this is the right moment to get one. ;D )

We're reading through the application right now, it's looking very very good! Don't worry about that mistake, you've mostly had it as some sort of sub-headers, so it's fine. We just want people to avoid simply listing years and one sentence about what happened. Smile

We'll reply to it ASAP. : >

((EDIT: and I was gonna say we've introduced ourselves here.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question/Concerns Thread   Question/Concerns Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question/Concerns Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historical Hetalia Roleplay :: General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: