Historical Hetalia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for historically themed Hetalia roleplay. Because we're in it for the history.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starting small~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 pm

:'D Big lists of ideas are intimidating, but I'll try to see what I can do with Iceland with the characters here! Because most of his history is starving and not actually talking to other countries.

-- Icesave

His economy was great and then it went down the toilet in 2008 when his lending to other countries was affecting by the global recession iirc. Most of his buddies wouldn't give him a loan so Russia pitched in much to everyone's wtf. The government considers the problem over, but the people are still touchy about it.

--Eyjafjallajökull

The volcano with the unpronounceable name erupts to everyone's surprise. Shuts down airports in most of the western world for a week or two. Causes tons of problems and gives Iceland (unwanted) attention.

--Viking settlement

This'll sit here until we have a Norway, I guess, but it'd be cuuute. Iceland's seen people for about a hundred years sail by or stay for a night or two, but the Norwegian vikings finally land in Reykjavík and establish a proper settlement, and Iceland joins the Nordic family.

--Crack

I'm up for just about anything!

Any takers? -fails forever-
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski / Russia
Putin and Medvedev from same block
Putin and Medvedev from same block
Ivan Braginski / Russia

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm in on the Icesave-thing, but I must admit I don't know much about it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:52 am

Sounds good! And I can bring up articles and some more info for you when we have an England. c:
Back to top Go down
Denmark
Potato-eating drama queen
Potato-eating drama queen
Denmark

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm up for absolutely anything so gimme a shout.
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Ooh yay : Db I definitely will~
Back to top Go down
Norge
Alt for Norge
Alt for Norge
Norge

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Ahhhh I like this list, especially the thing about Iceland and Norway, oh yeah. I'm up for this, and I should read more about the topic.

Oh, and there is one thing I wonder about: Is Iceland a nation before Norway came? The only ones who have come there before the Norsemen are the Papars (Scottish monks), and archologists don't have any proof of them being there at all. Still, I find Iceland being habitated by Scottish munks pretty comical oh man. Please help me here, even if it's a tiny detail.

The entire volcano incident is gold when it comes to awkward 'sorry's' and other nations irritation, and not forget all the sad jokes that can made of Iceland's little "accident". Yep, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:14 pm

I think this is a bit odd to think about, since we aren't really sure how the nations are "born" in the first place. Aside from the monks who may or may not have been there, the Norwegian chieftains who left Norway when the country was unified(..I think?) were the first to really settle Iceland permanently. In my headcanon, I sort of picture it as them staying long enough for toddler!Iceland to finally get curious enough to go and find them. Idk, Hetalia seems to only work logically in hindsight.

The monks I think may have seen him or talked to him a bit. If memory serves, the monks had a tradition of going to Iceland during the summers, but after the vikings came they were too scared of them to return? Well, they had a tradition of going to "Thule," anyway. But it's believed that Thule = Iceland. Still, I'm a bit rusty on this.

If you have any other info or ideas, feel free to tell me; this is just my speculation. I'll probably have to dig up some more research as well though. xD

And pff poor Iceland. :'Db
Back to top Go down
Norge
Alt for Norge
Alt for Norge
Norge

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha yeah it isn't easy, and I don't try to be a bitch about it. Yeah, he somehow 'appears'/is born when the monks comes/stays, then? correct me if I am wrong. And yeah, some leaders who weren't pleased with Hårfagre collecting the smaller kingdoms into one, so they set sail to the west and wham! Iceland was populated. So either Iceland was first pupulated by either some special monks or 'butthurt' ex-leaders. Ahh I love this.
And pff I don't know that much about this topic, bleugh.

Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

I was just saying I wasn't sure, you're fine. :'D I'll have to do a bit of research myself but I think that'll be fine. Also the idea of Iceland's roots being butthurt leaders ahaha. xD

And that's fine! I only really have a general knowledge myself too, so after exams I'll be happy to pull up some links and such c:

Edit: some colonization info links:
Wikipedia article. There isn't much info elsewhere that isn't included here.
Viking daily life. For time-period details.
A shorter history of the settlement; it basically gives an overview of the Scandinavian people who discovered/named Iceland before it was actually settled by Arnarson.
Viking dress.

I hope some of this is useful xD If you find anything else though, please send it my way!
Back to top Go down
Canada / Matthew
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Canada / Matthew

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am

I'm reeeeaaallyyyy intruiged to start some kind of roleplay with Canada - Iceland interactions. It just got to me recently. xD
Perhaps the Eyjafjallajökull-incident or something crack? :3
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Either crack or the Eyjafjallajökull incident sound great~ c: I've always wondered about how these two would get along, so I'd love to start something!
Back to top Go down
Canada / Matthew
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Canada / Matthew

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 am

You're not the only one that's been wondering. x3
But from what I can imagine, I'd say they'd get along rather well. They're both rather quiet and they've got ice in common! *is being shot from bad humor*
I'll try to think of something crack-ish, otherwise Eyjafjallajökull, eh? ~
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:37 pm

They're both quiet, northern, and have crazy relatives! Canada is also home to the largest population of Icelanders outside of Iceland (in "New Iceland," in Manitoba) so I think they'd get along pretty well. And they both have animals following them around too-- Bad humor? What bad humor?

If you or I think of anything crackish, that'd be awesome! And shall I go start a thread for Eyjafjallajökull, then? c:
Back to top Go down
Canada / Matthew
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Canada / Matthew

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 am

Haha, crazy relatives indeed! xD Feels somewhat like my own family ...
Ah, they are? O.O I didn't know that ... Well, you learn something new every day, huh? ^^
*tries to imagine how well Kumajirou and Mr. Puffin would get along*

Start the thread, mister Iceland!
Back to top Go down
Ísland
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Fallegi lúserinn minn
Ísland

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:18 pm

DD:" That sounds like a very annoying family, then!

Yup! :'D Just hanging around here you learn lots of random things~

They would probably get along fine, though Kumajirou's memory and Mr. Puffin's impatience may cause issues. Their relationship may have to be investigated further. ;o

Aaaand done! C:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting small~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting small~   Starting small~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting small~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historical Hetalia Roleplay :: General :: The Drawing Board-
Jump to: